Sunday, 7 December 2008

Long post, grab a coffee LOL!



The lovely Beverley passed on this award to me.

It came with these rules:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Provide links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

So I’m passing it on to

Vicki (my twin!)

Heidi (it's no illusion Heidi, it's really you!)

Michelle (from the deep south, or should I say Prima land!)

Mich (the duck eating labrador owner from Mosgiel!)

Janine (as in Mummymoo to two little moo's)

And now the linky thing doesn't want to work, so you know who you are!


Yesterday morning saw Donna and I at a sale for salon hair products. There's a warehouse in East Tamaki that about three or four times a year does a big sale - it might be perfume, last time it was skin care and this time it was hair products. It's always worth a visit. Now it's not that I'm a particular fan of any of that, but you always need shampoo etc so let me just say, I brought a little bit and it will be a little while before I will be needing to buy more hair prouduct! Last time at the salon I brought a spritzer bottle of curl activator - I like to have a bit of a wave in my hair and this stuff is great. However it's eighteen dollars a bottle, so it only gets used if I'm off out somewhere, that I feel I need to spruce myself up a bit for. That size bottle is about 180 mls - maybe half a cup I think. At the sale yesterday, a three litre bottle - twenty dollars. Salon shampoo's and conditioners, between three and ten dollars. Well Pantene at the supermarket costs me between six and nine... And Donna who said she was only going to buy a large bottle of shampoo because it lasts for such a long time (her hair is pretty short) ended up buying quite a few things too!

Poor old Milo was back at the vet on Friday night (he's got to visit weekly for four weeks in a row for arthritis jabs, and then every three months). Saturday morning I woke up to find he'd had a crook tummy overnight and 'christened' the carpet. Luckily for us we have a long relationship with the vets, so I was able to get some tablets off them to use if needed. (We've been with the same vet for over thirty years, and they breed labs, and we were in the lab club...). So yesterday saw me running around in the morning, buying shampoo, visiting the vets, getting another couple of errands done and then I had to come home and use a rug doctor on the three week old carpet.

Last night was the Beachlands Christmas at the marina, and it was fantastic. Great atmosphere, great singing (we could here that at home before we went down). Love that we could walk down and back....have just looked at the photos I took and while the fireworks one's are cool, you've all seen fireworks before! The one's of the crowd and the marina aren't great so will check out what Lyall took with his camera as he had pinched the tripod before I could! We were mean parents and left Milo at home with Donna and the tv and radio on, curtains closed etc. We were enjoying ourselves too much to go back and 'resuce' him from the fireworks, and we both decided that he was far too sick to go in the car...excuses, excuses!


On the scrapping front, I have two half done layouts on my desk, so will endeavour to get those finished today and I've finally finished all my Christmas cards, so the last of these will be in the post tomorrow as well.

Phew - warned you it was a long post! Enjoy your Sunday and have a lovely week all!

11 comments:

Roo said...

Oh no about the new carpet being christened.
But all that hair product sounds like the bargain of the century.
And yay on finishing Chrissie cards - I'm still working on mine - might have to make them new years ones lol.

Vicki said...

Awww poor Milo and what about that carpet! Got you some bargains alright - we have those sort of things here all the time but never get to go maybe I should make some effort.

I hear you on the cards - am onto my second round of them but still haven't posted any yet.

Thanks for the award twinnie.

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy! You know ... you should make the most of warehouse sales like that ... I don't think you'll find them down south when you move ... I guess ... on the other hand, you could end up with millions of bottles of shampoo to pack up when you do move. ;o) Hope Milo is feeling better today.

Alison said...

Bummer about the carpet being christened...Hope Milo is feeling better soon.

You are so organised with your cards. I dont think i iwll get many done this year and I think next year i will make them throughout the year so they are all ready for me to write in and send.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend then... sorry to hear Milo not well... hope him and the carpet ok... have a good 2nd to last week of term

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that sale sounds great! Always nice to nab a few bargains.

Bummer about the carpet - I hope the good old "Rug Doctor" did the trick.

BTW ... thanks so much for the lovely Christmas card!

Meg said...

That sale sounds fab - the stuff at hairdressers is always so dear!!! Sounds like you had a BUSY weekend!!!

Time to relax said...

busy busy little bee your been by the sounds of it hehe, good bargins your got to and not so good to hear bout the carpet lucky for mr rug doctor ah

Anonymous said...

What a busy weekend you've had! Awww poor Milo, hope he is feeling better soon! Oops about the carpet!

Anonymous said...

Gee poor Milo having to go through that. Lets hope he gets some relief on completion of the course.

Yay you re. the hair care products at such an awesome price. LOVE hearing about someone getting a bargain!

Your weekend sounds neat, esp. the Chrissy party at the marina.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love bargains and that hair product one sounded fantastic. Awww poor Milo.