Well you guys just rock - I've been over to check out Lee's blog and she has nine comments, now that's a super warm welcome! Janine, I've emailed her with instructions on how to fix that little hitch, so hopefully it will be all sorted for your next visit!
Gotta woo hoot the weather, it's just gorgeous. The last two mornings have been a light misty rain and even a bit foggy, and then turned into glorious days.
We now have blossom on our trees, so it really does feel like spring.
Woo hoo for catching up with the girls at the crop on Saturday. I've decided for the retreat that I'm going to take one magazine and then scraplift everything that takes my fancy from it! That way I don't have to think too much! And I might even do some card making.
Now my hubby deserves a big Whoo Hoot! I came home from the crop to find the bathroom tiled (it had a painted concrete floor previously) and so on Sunday we grouted, he's since sealed the grout and siloconed the edges. Another job done. Oh and he put splash backs up in the kitchen. All of this with a shoulder that he's meant to be resting...Next will be the kitchen floor.
And finally WOOOO HOOOOT she yells loudly and I can hear it echoing back to me from Wellington...three days of term left! I was chatting with one of the kids yesterday and she was remembeing and reflecting on the fun we had a couple of weeks ago with Freaky Friday and asked if we could have a crazy food day. Crazy food for her beind sandwiches shaped like spiders, cakes that are upside down and ummm pink cakes (so you can see she's a four year old girl LOL!) so she helped me to type up a note and then helped to put the notes into the pockets for the parents. Now we have forty five excited kids discussing what crazy food they want to bring...Roll on Friday!
Have a great day!
15 comments:
Hi Trace - a crazy food day with 4 year olds sounds brilliant - they are all so enthusiastic about everything! Have fun.
Kim
Gosh you're up nice and early blogging on a Wed morning. Yep roll on school holidays.
I love your bom pages too - so awesome
Woo Hoot for the end of term! Crazy Food day sounds like lots of fun. Yay for tiles in the bathroom too ... it sounds like those renovations will be finished in no time!
A crazy food party sounds like the perfect way to end the term. Love that one of the kids came up with the idea and helped you type the notices.
Scraplifting layouts at the retreat is probably a good plan ... I've got the PageMaps book so I can bring that too if you like :-)
Yay hubby!
Love how you took on the wee girls suggestion and you both worked on organising said idea together. I bet that was a HUGE boost to her young self esteem - that you treated her like an equal with valid ideas.
Crazy food rocks. We have all sorts of shaped cutters here. They don't get used for making biscuits very much, mostly for fun shaped sandwiches. A cunning parent plan to get the kids to eat stuff and find it interesting.
Eating a spider! How cool is that!
Great list for whoo hoot wednesday. Sounds like the house is coming along nicely......cant think why your so keen for holidays,LOL...my boys are on count down...well steven more so cause its his birthday on sunday so he is looking forward to that.
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO end of term alright- thank goodness for that.
As for the fun days.... they make it such fun.... we are so tired after the wedding...... so have promised to have one next term....
What a neat idea for something different, crazy food day, that's what memories are all about.
Your hubby is a bit of a sucker for punishment, he should be resting, although, I do have to admit, it would be nice to come home and see it done!
Bit gutted I couldn't make it to the crop on Saturday, mind you, all I would have done would have been to sit there, and chat, so I probably didn't miss much (except the goss)
well it sounds like the last day party is going to be a blast. You know I love crops for just talking and catching up with good friends if I scrap it's a bonus. I love your idea for the retreat too. Aww your DH is a delight, go Lyall. Hey thanks for giving Lee some instructions. will go over there and try again.
Now that sounds like a fun day for the last day of term - oh to be so happy with spider sandwiches and pink cake. I'm counting it down to the school holidays as well - no rushing around.
hmmm ... are spider sandwiches, shaped like spiders, or are they full of spiders(will you have enough by Friday?LOL) AND gosh yes, roll on School Hols!!
Not long before end of term and a well deserved break ...
Holy skamoley - fun food like that ... don't ever remember fun days like that ... but it was sooooooooooooo long ago - ROFLMAO.
Have fun.
Lyall, don't forget you are supposed to be resting buddy!!!
I need to say - only TWO DAYS LEFT!!!
What a lovely list, but isn't DH supposed to be resting?????
Have fun with your scary food, thanks for the ideas!!!
:)
Hi Trace - couldn't find an e- mail for you so I thought I respond on your blog :) The hens lay in laying boxes and there is a step up tp their house so the hedgy can't get get to them, to be honest I didn't know they took eggs. All our uk birds roost above ground so we don't have a problem luckily.
Kim
Post a Comment