Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Woo Hoot Wednesday!






Not a great photo sorry, but thought you might like to see what the weather had been up down the road from us...

And this is the boat that got washed up on our rock on the weekend - now you can see why we call it Flat Rock! It's real name is Moturaka Island.

On a day like to day, I'm grateful to be safe and sound wrapped up in my house, with a happy dog and cat, and a hubby on the way home from work!

Woo hoot for medical help - I beleive that it's not always necessary but sometimes it's the only thing that helps. My sister is sounding much more like her old self after just a couple of days of medical intervention, and of course after a couple of nights of decent sleep. Sleep is a wonderous thing.

Roll on tomorrow, as I am assuming our SENZ tickets should arrive then. Boo hoo for my flooded letterbox. I've been out there trying to empty it out and have stuck newspaper in it to help soak it up.

I'm trying to finish off the layouts that I started at Crop Waikato...so hopefully I might have a few to share come the weekend. Enjoy the rest of the week my friends.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great about your sister Trace, must be a huge relief to you and the family.

Pretty dramatic photos there of what the weather can do. Stay warm and cosy.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about your sister, Trace. Sounds like she is getting the best treatment and that it's really making a difference.

Yes, the weather has been severe! I saw some other photos on the Herald website that were taken out your way - lots of flooding by the looks of it.

Anonymous said...

makes you pleased that we are safe and sound and dry (except for your letterbox). Great to hear your sister is feeling like her old self and I agree sometimes meds is the way to go, and can help put things into perspective.

Anonymous said...

So so glad your sister is feeling better in herself- and that all is getting on track again..... it is so scary being in that black/dark hole..... and not knowing how to DO anything or even get OUT so YAH that she is better.

As for that letterbox of yours hee hee had to laugh when I saw the comments on sketchbook... get your letterbox a raincoat or umbrella!!!! hope the rain stops asap!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your Sister is feeling better - such a relief for you and your family, and especially her too.You sound like you have been a fantastic support.
and wow on the photos - it is great to be safe and snuggly inside when it's storming outside!

Mrs Frizz said...

Okay, so I'm thinking it looks dull and dreary up your way and WET!!!!!

A big cyber hug to your sis ... she's on the mend. Woo hoo!!

Mel said...

am so pleased to hear the positive news about your sister!

yikes, that weather looks scary. hope you got a boat parked on your verge...!

Anonymous said...

That is some serious rain in those photos! Lots of heavy rain here too, but fortunately no flooding.

Great news about your sister Trace. Such a simple thing sleep, but it is one of the main keys to how we feel. Not enough over a period of time and things can seem so much worse than they are. Once sleep is restored things begin to feel brighter. Something to do with seratonin levels (I think, but don't quote me) which is something meds can but back into balance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trace, wow, those photos!! Looks pretty scary to me. I'm glad you sister has found something that has helped; I adore my sisters and would hate to see them troubled, so you must be feeling so relieved.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog; and yes, my daugher certainly acts like she is about 14 most of the time. I really thought I wouldn't have any trouble until the teen years, but boy, was I wrong about that! No, really, most of the time she is a sweetie, and she is so affectionate, which I love. But it's funny how the people you love know just the buttons to push to drive you crazy sometimes...

Uummm, I have no idea what a blogline is, so would love any help you can give me!

By the way, I really like the layouts I have seen on your blog, especially the round ones. I love round layouts, although I have yet to do one myself. Maybe for my next layout...