Dad just rung, and having read my blog, wanted to know why I hadn't posted a photo of the pav...The family were around for dinner last night. It was dessert time, so I carried the pavalova to the table. As you do. It didn't make it to the table. The jokes started...the vacumn cleaner came out. I kind of think it has a unique look to it! Maybe there's less calories in the flat part. Was a half pie job (get it?) I should have gone for the pancake look. Lucky the fruit and cream wasn't on it...
Monday, 19 May 2008
Flat out
Dad just rung, and having read my blog, wanted to know why I hadn't posted a photo of the pav...The family were around for dinner last night. It was dessert time, so I carried the pavalova to the table. As you do. It didn't make it to the table. The jokes started...the vacumn cleaner came out. I kind of think it has a unique look to it! Maybe there's less calories in the flat part. Was a half pie job (get it?) I should have gone for the pancake look. Lucky the fruit and cream wasn't on it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Ouch about the pav but it still looks great! Yeah, send them my way hee hee! So glad that your sis liked her album and that your dad had a great birthday!
How funny about your Dad asking why you didn;t blog about the pav lol And funny about the pav - I can just hear the laughter - I love things like that (warped sense of humour I have lol)
OK that is SUCH a NEEN thing to do...! Ha ha ha!
I'm thinking that wee party trick of yours is going to keep coming back to haunt you for years to come.
These things happen.
OH, huge bummer about the pav!! Still, at least you can laugh about it now, right?
LOL - So did it still taste good?
LOL, that is too funny! :)
Your Dad sounds like a hardcase.
Love your blog BTW. Think this is my first visit. :)
You are sooo not going to live that one down! Sounds like a fun birthday.
Hi Trace - I cant make pavs either - they are too small... dont know what i do wrong - got no patience I think!!! Also wanted to say thanks for parcel - it arrived this am.... thought it was the stamps I ordered so put in the car and opened at lunch time... a nice surprise to find all the goodies!!!! thanks very much!!!
whoops forgot my name - mandyb DUH!!!!!
Oh your dad reads your blog - How sweet !!
Hee hee love the pav I am sure there were less calories in that bit hee hee a def layout happening here I feel.
Thank you so much for sharing and making me laugh (oops with you not at you :) )
if it makes you feel any better the last pav I made I told everyone to grab a spoon and scrap it off the bottom of the oven!! We still havent figured out what I did wrong lol
I have to buy them lol I can not make them! mine look like pancakes....
Post a Comment