Thursday, 20 March 2008

Today...

I have the day off. Bliss! Nope, I'm not sick, and I'm not having a 'duvet day' either (thanks Hannah, I rather like that title!). I am a tutor teacher for another teacher who is currently doing ther teachere registration. Basically this means that I give her support and guidance over a twwo year period, part of this requirement is that I read through her foder (which contains writeen evidence that the NZ Teacher's Council require you to meet), of course this takes a fair whack of time (and a bit of peace and quiet) so I get a day off each term to do this. Shame I could only get a reliever for today. At the start of a long weekend. Yep, real shame LOL!


Being the concientious person that I am ........ I got up early and have done this, and written up my feedback for her appraisal, so guess what, now the day is my own! Watch out BOM here I come (good intentions and all that!) The housework, the bills, the visit to the Post Office, you can all wait!


Will be visiting my friend Chrissie though. You know the three rotties that I was babysitting (and housesitting) a couple of weeks ago, well a bit of sad news, Shannon who is one of them passed away on Monday, from a twisted bowel. She did have surgery on Sunday and made it through that, but the toxins in her body affected her heart and on Monday she could no longer fight. I've got her family a Peace Lily so that when they look at it, they can think about Shannon who is now at Peace.


Have you checked out Harbourgal's blog? She's got some gorgeous layouts happening...don't know how to do the linky thing - but she's in my sidebar as Michelle in Albany!


There is some talk over at SE about favourite reciepe's and just because I can, I decided to take a photo and here are some of mine that I use often...really it depends on what mood I'm in, to what I cook, and therefore what book gets dragged out! But those lovely photos in some of them do get to me LOL!


Miss Angelgurl, here's wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow kid! Hope it's a great one. To all my other cyber buddies and my family who lurk on here but don't leave comments (grrrr) have a great Easter, and eat lots of chocolate and spend time together. Life's short, never regret what you've done - only what you didn't do...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, getting all your work done early and having the rest of the day for your own things :-)

I'm sorry to hear about Shannon. That's really sad. The peace lily is very pretty though and I'm sure it will be a comfort to your friend at this sad time.

Enjoy your looooong Easter break (do you get Tuesday too??) ... I will definitely be eating chocolate so don't you worry about that!

Beverley said...

Sorry to hear about the doggy. The peace lily is a lovely idea. Lucky you having an extra long Easter weekend - clever you for getting your work done early so you make the most of it! Enjoy. :o)

Angela said...

What a shame to hear about Shannon, not nice, especially when the pet is like a family member.

Good to hear you've got the reading out of the way, now to get a start on your Easter weekend!

Links??? Easy peasy! See up there on the little menu where you can choose to upload a photo, there is a little button that looks like a paper clip. This is what you need to do with it. Type your sentence as you would normally, then 'highlight' the word that you want to become a link, in your case it would be Michelles name. Click on the paper clip thing, and a little box will come up. You just need to type in, (or copy and paste, which is far easier, and will get more natural as you do more links) the website address, eg, Michelles blog address. Did you get that?!?!?

Vicki said...

Well thats a good news sad news blog. So sorry to hear about the dog - thats heartbreaking and I'm sure they will appreciate your peace lily.

Good on you for getting everything done and have a very Happy Easter yourself.

Off to check out Michelles blog (another Michelle!!!).

Mel said...

Yup, your link to Angela's site works. Woo hoo!

Awful about the dog, my childhood Ridgeback died from the same ailment. Plants are such a lovely memorial.

Enjoy your long weekend. Our kids have just closed for 3wks of holidays so its a seriously LONG weekend for me (said with a nervous laugh.....)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Well done on being so disorganised on the teaching front. The paperwork can be a killer. Sorry to hear about Shannon, the peace Lily os beautiful.

Mrs Frizz said...

Great idea with the peace lily ... beautiful ... and I'm sure that Shannon will be remembered with love.

As for you playing hookey ... well go you ...

Yep, love my recipes as well.