Sunday, 16 March 2008

Just an update...

Sometimes the best laid plans...I couldn't make the cyber crop over at SE on Friday night, because my darling niece, Shae, was having her birthday - and while at her birthday (this was the family night, she was off to Rainbows End with her friends on Saturday), I met her Dad's cousin for ther first time. Brenda lives in Canada, and Shae wanted Brenda to see some of my layouts (the ones of her you see!) and so onto my blog they jumped, now it looks like we may have another convert to scrapbooking LOL! Brenda does a bit of altered art back home, and took a shine to scrapbooking so yay, go Brenda! Here's the birthday girl munching her way through ice cream! A big happy birthday from Auntie!


Not being able to make the cyber crop, I thought I would get up early on Saturday, finish my housework and get stuck into the challenges...hee hee hee, of course it never happened. It was just one of those days, the phone kept ringing (and I'm not complaining here, it's always great to hear from friends). My sister, Dad and I went out for lunch, and then a friend came over for a catch up, and then there was all those little jobs that you end up doing in between other jobs (like hanging out the washing etc), so my plans went out the window! So I've given up on trying to meet the cyber challenges and have at least managed to get another layout done for my BOM. (Ten things that bring me joy - hard to limit it to only ten!)


Today's meant to be in the garden, and after popping to the shops with my sister this morning, I have been gardening, but Lyall asked me to download his camera for him, so thought I could do a quick blog post while thats happening! Then my lovely sister's cooking tea for us tonight, as Dad gave us a meatpack that he won up at the RSA and it needs a few people to get through the roast bit of it!


And Janine, nope, I haven't managed to teach the Mum from work how to use her cuttlebug or sewing machine yet! It's proving tricky to get two busy people together!!
Here's my wee Godson, with an obvious interest in what I'm trying to show him LOL!

Since I don't put enough photos of me on here...this is me out at Glenbrook Railway last weekend.

Now a big thank you to Vicki, who kindly awarded this to me - thanks Vicki, and my apologies for being such a slacker about putting it on my blog! I now get to pass it on, and I thought I would pass it onto Mrs Frizz, as you are always so good at leaving comments on everyones blogs! (So are a lot of you, but I'm guessing it will do the rounds and you'll all end up with it at some point!)

Have a great short week!

9 comments:

Alison said...

Great layout, I love the way you do your circle layout. Youcould have poopped in we are not that far away form the glenbrook train station

Vicki said...

Definitely a case of the "best laid plans". Happens to all of us and don't worry I was at the cyber crop and still haven't done any layouts either. The best laid plans thing again here too.

Still a very busy weekend for you anyway.

Anonymous said...

oh your weekend sounded good and whoo hooo you have managed to convert another person top scrapping how very cool. Love the photos below of you and you and your godson and the one of you as well looks great.

Anonymous said...

Well done in converting someone to the wonderful world of scrapbooking! I love that photo of you holding your godson - it looks neat!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great photo of you, Trace!
And I love your BOM layout. You are going to have a great album of fantastic circle layouts at the end of this - go you!!

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow ... busy, busy, busy and still you find time to scrap - go YOU!!!

Love the pic of you at the railway station - definitely scrappable and you are going to have to do just that ... scrap it.

Thanks for my award ... how cool is that ... will have to update my own blog at some stage ... but I keep meaning to take pics of my scrap retreat layouts and blog - not quite a happening thing ... yet!!!

Roo said...

Yep those are great photos of you. And I love your round lo - so cool.

Anonymous said...

Of course she wants to do scrapbooking now that she has seen your stunning work!

And as everyone above, I just LOVE your circle LO's for your BOM. Well done!!!

Mel said...

Hullo there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for introducing me to YOU! I love your LO's, the"Extreme" one really is fantastic...think I may have to lift that one as "boy" page for my son.

Am always so happy to meet other scrappers. I do also have a scrap blog www.thescrapfan.blogspot.com if you wanna pop by sometime....xx