This person was saying on Facebook how she was suffering through a wet and yuk day up in Welly, and I had to let her know that we were enjoying a beautiful sunny, twenty three degrees down here. Now I know when the weather comes on TV tonight, they'll have a different take on the temp, so I wanted to give a bit of proof, hence this photo ;-)
A typical weather pattern is a few days of this sort of weather followed by a howling southerly, so we shall certainly make the most of it while we can. It was lovely having washing on the line for only a couple of hours before it was dry, and not hung on drying racks inside the house.
I've enjoyed a lovely relaxing, but busy last week of term. I had a wonderful time at the beach with this lot and their owner (that would be Vicki if you don't recognise that big dog).
As is par for the course in the holidays, I did lots of sorting and cleaning, and of course lots of time with the animals. A fair bit of baking was done as well. It was then consumed lol. One of the things I made was a slice that had weet bix and dried fruit in it (maybe a bit of sugar and golden syrup too) and decided because of those first couple of ingredients that it probably could be considered a breakfast food on a couple of mornings when I couldn't be blowed putting a piece of bread in the toaster or pouring cereal into a bowl LOL.
Today has seen us drop my sister off at A and E and because there was going to be an hours wait, Lyall and I shot off to Opawa Farmers Market. What a great little market this is, with a really good range of different products. The sick girl has well and truly full blown flu. You know the sort where even having a shower hurts your skin...so no work for her for a few days (or last Friday for that matter). Me, I need an early night, after going to a friends birthday dinner last night and getting home at midnight - and you know I don't 'do' late nights lol.
The Scrappin Patch Stars in their Eyes nine week challenge is over. Congrats to Heidi and Kelly who were the winners and Sara who came second. A group of us came third. This was my last entry.
Enjoy your week people.
12 comments:
Awww my poor bedraggled mutley. LOL. Todays weather has been fantastic - good that you have the proof. LOL
OOPS - hope Donna feeling better soon.
Hope your sister feels better soon Trace.
Love the pics of your babies playing at the beach!
And I totally agree, weetbix in a slice constitutes breakfast food! LOL!
Hope Donna feel better soon, thats a nasty flu she has. On the bright side you and Lyall got to explore the markets. Wow, your temp and nice day sounds fab, it sure was wet here....warm inside but wet out lol.
Glad you got to enjoy your last week of break, had a wee giggle at the weetbix slice and how it could be deemed as brealfast food lol.
now i dont have my glasses on so cant read those numbers..lol!!!
what did it say???
hope the snow that is coming is cold!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!
enjoy term 3....eeeeekkkk 11 weeks!!! wowsa!!!
hope donna is better soon too!!!
love the photos of the dogs trace or the drowned rats lol.
Your layout is fantastic and ROFL about your breakfast, thought that was just me that did that!
Cool layout. Congrats on a third placing in the Stars Comp. Hope your first week T3 goes well.
I really like that LO. Yah for baking! Hope your sister gets better soon.
Wow, 23 degrees in July! That's pretty good going. We had lovely weather in the last week of the holidays, but I don't think it was quite that warm.
Hope the start of the new term has gone well for you. So what's the creative project for this week, now that the SP comp is finished?
Better late than never to post a comment...OOh that Slice sounds yummy, Hope Donna is feeling better by now.. Big Congrats on 3rd place in the comp too thats great news.. Hope you enjoy being GD, love your LO with the banners very nice..
congratulations on your place in the Stars in your Eyes comp ... fantastico !!!
And that photo, definitely doesn't look like Brodie ...
Post a Comment