Apparently it's national roast day. Good advertising for Selaks wines I think, but really, any excuse for a Sunday roast, with all the trimmings of course. So my darling hubby, who is also the chief roast chef in this house, whipped one up this afternoon, while I went and luxuriated in the bath.
Hmmm, I probably should have waited till he dished it all up, so you can see that there were greens on there as well (even our home grown broccoli), mind you, it would have all been covered in cheese sauce so you wouldn't have known what was under there anyway ;-)
I was relaxing in the bath, with a lovely salt and mint pack sent to me by the lovely Beverley. I partook in the self care swap that Janine kindly organised, and I got the most gorgeous pack of goodies from the super talented Beverley.
"Mum, Mum, is there something in there for us??"
"Nope, it's all mine Mwahahaahaahaa"
Though I did share that delicious cupcake with my sister...
This layout is for Birds of a Feather:
It was a sketch challenge, and because I have absolutely no inspiration at the moment I didn't deviate from the sketch lol. You also had to use scraps - even the Thickers are scraps, they were so old I had to glue them on as they had no sticky left. And the rub on's, well some of them are actually two letters molded into one because I didn't have all the letters - so there's using up scraps for you!
I did finish a layout about Archie and the snow, but it's so horrible it's never going to make it for public viewing :-) The only thing I like about it, is the gorgeous photo of him.
Look at these gorgeous dogs enjoying this 'kind of Spring' sunshine. I know it isn't officially spring - but some of the flowers think otherwise!
Have a great week everybody.


10 comments:
mmmm roast and long hot baths!!! sounds good to me!!!
love the doggy running pics!!! cute!!!!
You can't beat a Sunday roast on any day of the week ... lol.
And fab-u-lous looking treats ... very 'noice' - deinitely would have brightened your day.
And yep Spring is in the air, although with the horrendous liquid sunshine we have had over the weekend I'm starting to doubt myself.
I thought the roast day was an ad for beef and lamb especially considering the price they are. Looks yummy even without the greens on the plate. LOL. Your package looks fantastic and always love seeing your doggie pics.
Yum at a Sunday roast, I remember the days as a child when we had them every week. Last night we had lamb shanks as our part in the crockpot.
Gotta love long baths and your package looked gorgeous. It's been great looking at what people have received. Thank You for taking part.
With some of the sunnny days we have had it has felt like a touch of spring here from time to time.
Yummy roast! Mmmmmmmm! Gotta cook my own, Gav wouldn't know where to start!
LOVE those doggie pics....they are having a great time!
Mmmmm, a roast sounds like it would've been a fantastic idea! that parcel from Bev looks gorgeous - lucky you getting a cupcake:)
Aw ... I missed roast day? Looks like that hubby of yours is a pretty good cook. :o) And you know ... I stood in the shop seriously considering what I could put in that package for your little four legged family members ... but then I decided it needed to be a package all for you! ... next time ...!
Yummy Roast Dinner , lucky you that Lyall is the MasterChef.. Your care package looks awesome and I just love your doggy photo's your babies look like they are having a wonderful time..
We had roast day a day early! But that's okay, at least we celebrated :-)
Yours looks scrummy, and your self-care pack looks full of fabulous goodies!
Sounds like a great weekend - hubby cooking a roast, soak in the bath with your special care pack. The pic of your little dogs exploring the parcel is cute. Have a great week.
Post a Comment