I've had a lovely few days down in Taranaki. Sunday was a leisurely drive down with Annette's house easy to find (it used to be a dairy company and has a huge big chimney from the dairy side of it). Monday we went off touring around a bit, spending time taking lots of photos, while her son had a fab time sliding down the sandhills. Monday night I met some wonderful online friends - Tracey hosted us for an evening making a wonderful card holder, Annette and I purchased a few sets of her retired stamp sets, and then she told us to raid her card stash - so I have three new lovelies to go in my card holder! I also met the wonderful Viv - she has the cutest dogs, I did think about popping Riley under my arm and walking nonchalantly out to the car LOL but they might have noticed me thinks! Riley is a real character and Vinnie such a lovely wee Mother's boy (he spent the evening sunggled up to Viv, you wouldn't even know he was there).
Tuesday Annette and I toddled off to New Plymouth for a looksie, and yes we did visit a couple of scrapbooking shops and no I didn't buy too much...Wednesday morning and I was heading North again. Just a picture perfect day, C'D's playing on the stereo, the wind was light but it was whipping up all the autumn leaves as I drove through. Bliss. Though I've come home and am at war with a head cold!
We found out tonight that we can't get broadband at our new house...just dial up or mobile broadband...will have to see if Lyall's keen on the cost of mobile broadband, don't really want to go back to dial up.
Dinner's ready so best be off. Enjoy your Friday. I can't believe the first week of the holidays is nearly over!
12 comments:
sounds like you had a fabulous break there Trace ... great photos ... aint Picasa collages grand!!LOL ... OMG ... no Broadband ... noooooooooooo!!!
What a brilliant few days you've had, and wow what scenery! Oh dear, no Broadband....one of the down sides of rural living I suppose, I know how you feel, we have only had BB for the last 12 months and are a horrendous tarrif, when 3 miles down the road would be free! there isn't the call for them to bring it out as far as us they say :0(
Hope you feel better soon. If they'd let it in the country I'd send you over some local honey a nice honey and lemon tonic!
x
What picture perfect postcards buddy ... awesome!!!
No broadband ... well what can I say ... buying a house in the sticks!!! ROFLMAO ... and standing here poking my tongue out ... singing, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!!!
Actually, I'm saying ... you've gotta be joking us ... you're not down in the boonies ...
Stunning photos there Trace and cringing over the broadband. Hope its not a deal breaker for your new house! LOL.
Wow, those photos are just stunning! It sounds like you had a really wonderful break.
OH DEAR at no broadband! I think that's becoming a common problem when people move house. My BIL just moved a few hundred metres down the road and now has to go on a waiting list to get broadband again! Hopefully you can get mobile broadband, or somehow get your name bumped up the list!
Yay! Riley is famous! He's snuggled up in my bed at the mo and Vin is cuddled on my lap, for a change!
As for no broadband, EEEEKKKK! Have you ever tried buying STUFF online with dial-up? Awful!!!!You can only spend a quarter of the money cos its too slow and you give up!!!!LOL
Hope you aren't feeling too bad, there seems to be a spate of colds around at the mo. Trace has a tummy bug her girls passed on. I've dosed her up with my stash of drugs....what would you like to make you feel better? Pharmacists are prepared for any lurgy!) Hope you feel better soon. XXXX
Sounds like a great trip. All that scenery is so beautiful. Pity about no broadband at your new house. Start sipping lemon, honey and ginger
What a neat sojourn and the photos are fantastic!
We live in the country and have Broadband, but it is still crap. You need a satellite ;)
Take care with the head cold. We all have it at the moment too.
Great to finally meet you.. love the photos you took. Hope you are feeling a bit better.. I cught the kids lurgy... feeling a bit off colour today too but have Vivs drugs!!! The girls are coming around tonight to finish of their cards... glad you had a great time.
No broadband, wow, time to look for a new house...how would anyone ring you on dial up? (That is why I now have broadband DH had to come home to talk to me bacause I was always on the net!). Nice catching up with you I am having mild panic attacks since Trace has been sick because I hate that kind of thing, ruins a good blog stalking day.
Gorgeous photos Trace and sounds like a great time away. LOVE how you've collaged those photos!!! We've got ERO coming too (hate it when that happens!)
gerat photos, sound like you had a wonderful creative and relaxing break. ugh at no broadband though....
Post a Comment