So picture this...I'm outside with the kids this afternoon - most were actually on the deck or inside because of the heat. I have an ice pack under my hat. I ran my hat under the hose. Fast forward. All the children have left for the day, I'm sitting at the computer doing bookwork...with my bare feet on two ice packs (not the first aid ones - two gloves filled with water frozen). I was melting. I had to make a milkshake as the water was all brown - the powers that be were sorting that out. I don't think I've ever been as hot. At least when I worked with horses in Austraila we didn't work through the heat of the day. We started early and finished early and then went back in the cool of the evening. Of course that was your life...you had no social life except that of the people you worked with.
The lovely and very talented Annelie tagged me for the sixth folder sixth photo challenge - I know most of you have done this. Mine is at the top. Some random lizard!
Right short and sweet, off to check out your blogs, and my computer is on a go slow...must be too hot too. When can I shift to the Antarctic?
10 comments:
okaaaaaayyyyyy I thought the lizard was gonna link to the HOT story.... jump at you... or be in your hat!!!!! glad you survivied!!! hahahahahaha
Me too ... like Mandy said ... it was so hot in Auckland that the lizards have come out to play. An ice pack under your hat ... I can't even imagine how hot it is ... while I'm not keen on really hot, I'd still like it to be a bit warmer than Wellington currently is.
Like Mandy and Beverley I thought the lizard had come out to play while you were sitting with ice packs under your feet. We have had rain all week but the humidity is still high. Hey I hope the deal has been done and you have sold your house. A good ideas to build and have two houses. exciting time ahead for all of you. eeks at the April 4 move date though.
Yep, sure was a scorcher!! I do like the sound of those glove ice packs though ... I might have to make some to have in my freezer, as my feet get really hot while I'm working at the puter!
Cool photo!
OMG, is it humid or what, Trace!
We have had hardly any sleep the past three nights and that is sleeping on top of our beds with all the windows wide open and in our natural state.
Don't know about you, but I can handle high temps with dry heat, but NOT this humidity.
We are in for another humid night tonight according to the weather people.
The rain is doing zip, just creating more steam. We need a damn good downpour to cool the earth and clear the air.
Well you better come south fast then twinnie! LOL. Its pouring with rain and quite cold with it. A nice change but hoping its a short glitch in summer.
OMG I thought that the lizard had jumped out of somewhere as well ... you had us all going buddy!!!
Okay, so today wasn't that warm in the deep south, but I'm sure we were a little more comfortable than what you have been ... lol.
So yucky and sticky here. Roll on weekend then can drink nice cold homemade lemonade, and sit around with girls while hubby at work!!!
haha Mandy i was thinking the same thing and when i came to the end of the paragraph its like oh okay got nothing to do with lizard lol....neat photo though trace...and yes its soooooo hot
The antartic is a bit extreme Trace, after then end of the month you'll be able to hop on a plane to good old Blighty! The snow is still sitting on the hills, so you'll be able to cool down without watching out for polar bears.....although the wild boar can play havoc with the gardens :0)
Post a Comment