Wednesday, 13 August 2008

My naughty dog!




Just look at that face...Now it's no secret that my animals are a little bit spoilt. I have no problems with them being inside, and you know the cat sleeps in bed with us. However I do draw the line at the dog being allowed on the furniture (bit mean really, because the cats allowed!). He's hairy and as he's got older he's starting to get that old dog kind of smell. Not so nice, but I'm not about to kick him out - he's given us a lot of great years of enjoyment and unconditional love, so there's got to be some payback in his later years. Anyway, I digress...the last two mornings I've got up, had my shower, and then come downstairs to find him on the couch. Today I snuck back down with my camera (he's a bit hard of hearing now, so I can sneak around without him noticing). And I just had to share...look at those cute 'poor me' eyes! Somehow I think he knows what's going on alright!

Oh and just in case your thinking, 'well it's more comfortable than the floor'. He has a cot mattress on the floor (complete with winter sheet) and a single bed in the garage which we chopped the legs off so he could get up and down on it easily - and yep that has a sheet, and blankets for him...boy he has a tough life!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's got that "ut oh busted" look about him. You big softie you!

KiwiMich said...

A big doggy tail wag from Moro to Milo! She is having a snooze now on the floor right in front of the fire! But I have caught her a couple of times snuggled up on the couch - but and she gives me that same look when I come in!! :)

Tracy said...

Love that look, how could you resist that face>! lol!

Anonymous said...

awww he looks so cute, and his bed also sounds comfy but nothing beats the couch.....

Tracy L said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, what an adorable cutie-pie! Must be hard to resist.

Sooooo wish I was going to SENZ this year...very jealous...

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh BUSTED alright!!!!! love the bedding description...sounds allright!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the expression in his eyes says "SPRUNG!" to me.

Labs have the most beautiful eyes of all dogs IMO.

Roo said...

Aww but he looks so sad - I wouldn't be able to kick him off either.

Anonymous said...

what a cute photo of you doggy hehe....he sounds hard done by all right lol just like my chickens who have food and water on tap all day and night and there bins get changed twice a day and i even shread paper for them to sleep on haha......your doggy even gets sheet thats pretty lucky doggy haha

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh - look at that face..... he'd get away with murder in our house with a face like that! LOL

Jenny said...

If I was able to have a dog, I would also have lots of comfy beds for him/her!