Sunday, 20 January 2008

A busy few days...

It has been a busy few days. Not so interesting for you to read about, but lots of little jobs around the house to do, and wonderful people to visit, before I head back to work next week.

I've been getting up early each morning to try and get the wallpaper stripped in one room, and it's being a pain. It must like being there, 'cos it sure doesn't want to come off easy. And yep, we are using a steamer etc but it just wants to come off in tiny little pieces and two inch strips. The rest of the house so far was a breeze to strip, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I must be paitent!

So last night I stayed up late and did the Friday night challenge over at Scrapbook Essentials. You had to use the title 'Summer Days', and a combo of either orange and blue, or orange and pink and use some stickers that you've had for at least a year...so here is my layout...


And this one is my take on Trina's sketch...











And this one, I like the colour combo (I'm trying to use some of my old photos - this young man is now eighteen) but dont' look too closely at the sewing LOL, I enjoy using my sewing machine (thanks Dad! it was a Christmas present from him 2006). But sewing isn't my forte!

Right, I'm off to make a bacon and egg pie for lunch...yep not healthy in the least, but it's Lyall's favourite...have a good Sunday!

7 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Gorgeous layouts ... rub ons or stamps on the beer layout. Like them whatever they are.

Alison said...

I love your layouts, they are all great

Anonymous said...

Love all the layouts, Trace!! Great job!

Trina said...

Great LO's Trace. Love that you've used my sketch! Cool take on it.

Vicki said...

What a productive weekend you have had. Loving the layouts and as for that stubborn wallpaper you can have it - been there done that and YUK is all I can say!! LOL.

tanyaleigh said...

Loving your layouts there Trace, Well done!

Unknown said...

Trace I love your layouts.Great colours.