Monday, 4 July 2011

The Swannanoa Retreat...


Yep, I know a day late with posting. I was zonked last night. In bed at eight. Fast asleep at maybe ten past eight lol. It’s not like I had a busy weekend either (but I have a hugely sore back so think that’s making me tired..well that’s my excuse anyway!). I had a lovely weekend as the hostess of the now famous Swannanoa Retreat. A retreat so exclusive that it doesn’t even have a sign LOL. It was a lovely relaxing weekend with Heidi and a short but sweet visit from Vicki. There was another lady who was meant to come out but she didn’t make it. You only get one shot at the Swannanoa Retreat so she’s off the list for next year!
I managed two layouts and started a third.

This one is for Challenge Me Happy.

This one was a bit of a scraplift from I have no idea where lol…It was going to be for Scrap Box’s birthday challenge, but I never got it up in time, oh well, at least it tells the story.


Heidi and I headed up for a yummy breakfast at Segars. I had my usual of waffles, with banana, bacon and maple syrup, such an American breakfast, but oh, so delicious. Especially when it’s white with frost outside.



Am totally looking forward to Heidi Barclays class, next weekend. Though I’d better figure out what photos etc to take.

Am counting down now till the end of term. Nine working days Mandy…nine working days lol. Now don’t get us wrong, it’s not that Mandy and I don’t love what we do one hundred percent – but you so need those breaks. The kids need those breaks – we have so many coughing kids at the moment. Not sick enough to stay home, but not really well enough to be busy at kindergarten. They need a week where there is a change to routine, not rushed out the door dropping siblings to school and then off to kindergarten. A few days of laying round in their jammies, playing with their toys on the floor. Enough to give their minds and bodies a break, then they come back fresh and ready for learning and we come back fresh and ready for teaching (and learning) to.

If you have a blog and when leaving comments the commenter has to sign in, then please know that for some weird reason, I can't. I know this affects Brenda, Jane's and Rachel's blogs. So sorry guys, I am reading them, but I can't comment. It won't let me do something I've previously had no trouble doing. I know I have Jane and Brenda's emails and I'm pretty sure I have your's too Rach, so will have to comment that way. And yep, I've tried kicking the computer, but you know what? It didn't work lol.

Have a fab week everyone.

15 comments:

Hannah said...

I want to come to a Swannanoa Retreat!!!! *stamping my foot and throwing a big tantrum*

WOW, look at that breakfast ... it looks divine!!

I am counting down the days until the holidays too, can't wait to hang out more with my lovely boys. And you teachers sure deserve a break after such a looooong term!

Rachel F said...

lol I am with you Hannah, stamping my feet too lol.
Looks like you had a fab time and LOVE the food ummmmmm can taste it now! You guys derserve the break and a little bit of luxery so good on you.
I know what you mean about a break - I am like your little ones still at work not sick enough to be at home but not that brillent either - so I have the first week of the school holidays off to hang in my jammies ;-) So looking forward to it. And as a parent I LOVE the holdidays just getting time to hang with the kids, LOVE it and now only 4 more sleeps until the last day of work for a week - ahhh bliss!
I am not sure what has changed either but Diane "today for tomorrw" had the same problem with the commenting - I think they have changed something as I haven't changed anything on my blog either?

mandyb said...

ohhh pick me pick me....
and can i come the weekend Rachel and Hannah are there too!!!
and have that SAME lunch!!!
mmmmmm

and yes of course i LOVE my job!!! hee hee some days more then others!!!!

and YES sure am counting down!!!
yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Aww bummer I wanted a hot chocolate and big brekky too!!! LOL. Have found a few blogs like that too and sometimes you have to try about 5 times to leave a comment - very frustrating.

Dianne H said...

Looks like an awesome weekend - any weekend at a retreat is a great weekend. Super pages created too.
I have heard of quite a few having trouble commenting - not sure what changed but something has.
Hang in there til the holidays - I too work in a school and know how precious the holidays are to recharge the batteries.

Jane said...

I have the same problem Trace its blogger that the headache .....
love your layouts too hun

Janine said...

ahhhh the retreat looked good. so want to check out Jo Segars cafe....cos that food looks mighty fine. I can't get her white hot chocolate off my mind.....and I blame you for telling me how great they are.

topkatnz said...

Sounds like you might have to invest in bunks...as your only dependable regular though, I pre-reserving 'my room' for all future events:)

Brenda said...

Oh MY GOd that breakfast looks like something to die for!! Where dija fit it LOL..
I cracked up when I read the comment at the "Just One Shot' at the retreat... Yeap fair enough, if you really want something then you just gotta go for it... Thats my motto anyway..I know Vicki was extremely disappointed at not being able to spend the whole time with you so hope you can get to gether over the holidays aye!!

Mrs Frizz said...

just one shot ya reckon ... hmmmmmmmmmm ... hit me with ya best shot ... fire away ... [couldn't resist - sorry].

You girls just might have to find time for a road trip ... south!!

Beverley said...

Oooh ... just read Mrs Frizz's comment ... we could do a Deep South Retreat at Mrs F's house ... that way you'd get the benefits of being away from home too! Although I don't think anything would beat a Swannanoa Retreat weekend ... they really are the best! A lovely bit of scrapping there too my friend.

Marie/Mison said...

Love your take on the Challenge Me Happy ch.

Vibeke said...

Your page to Challenge me happy is so great!! I love your take on the color!!:)

Anonymous said...

Fab creativity as always Trace. Love your take on challenge #2, the way you've used the colours works fab!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Thanks for playing along with Challenge Me Happy! Love your layout, the lace is gorgeous!