It's been a good first week at work. It's nice to be in a local kindergarten again, especially with a mix of town and rural families - they both bring something quite different to the table. It's lovely to be in an environment where the teacher's all get on well and two out of three are them are all for trying new ways of doing things. One is a bit more dubious lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to change the world, but a small step here and there doesn't hurt. This weekend I've gone out and brought nice material and some little glass containers to go on one of the tables...scray stuff huh! My colleagues were watching me use a programme for writing learning stories (Comic Life, Mandy), and now two of them want me to download it and get it up and running for them. I like working in a team that is keen to do that, and I like that they ask me rather than me being the one suggesting it...
Yesterday saw a concrete mixer busy at our house. We have a concrete pad down now, for the new garage/workshop. Lyall's itching to get that sorted. He's off four wheel driving again this coming weekend. An overnighter. Looking forward to that lol, always get a good nights sleep without him snoring away next to me. Okay so I'll miss him a tiny weeny bit. Hope it's not too cold as they're in a DOC cabin for the night. Apparently bourbon is helpful in that situation, according to Blair a fellow club member...
Come this Friday I'll be having lessons in using Photoshop. Dad kindly brought Photoshop Elements for me before we left Auckland, and while I muck around with it, I don't really get how it all works. (Even though the lovely Tracy Le Roy, did give me some help), so I finally decided to do something about it and have organised for one on one lessons for a few weeks. At sixty dollars an hour they better be darn good! But I'm sick of it sitting there and me not being able to use it...
Have a good week. Okay, so I had photos for this post, but they won't upload...
6 comments:
YAH for an open team!!!! glad you are having fun!!!
It sounds very positive at the new kindy. Good luck with Photoshop E - you'll be able to teach me when you're finished!LOL
Great that your start at Kindy has gone well Trace.
Your job sounds like its off to a good start! Hope it continues! Good on you learning Photoshop....maybe you can teach me!LOL!
Hope that Lyall enjoys doing the male bonding thing ... and if Bourbon is what it takes ... good on him I say!
You enjoy a snore free night!
And when you are all skilled up with your new technology ... you can share with us!!! Sounds good to me!
yay to hear the job has started of well. have been thinking of you and am so happy for you. good luck with the photo shop! oh, did you squeeze any visits into dudley pool?
gaye...bogger wont let me leave a comment?!
Post a Comment